Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Hong Kong - The Langham

Okay, so I am finally getting around to starting the food posts about Honkers.

People crap on all the time about how you should 'do high tea at The Peninsula', but really that is more about the name these days than anything else.
I really wanted to go to The Langham (8 Peking Road, Tsimshatsui). Oh man, am I so glad that we did!
We sauntered into The Langham - after our pedicures and massages around the corner.
"Tiffin Tea" is served in the Palm Court between 3-5pm daily. Currently it costs $298HK (about $35AUD) for 2 people. Plus 10% service charge of course ~rolls eyes~ I have a beef over service charges, but that is for another post.
nb: There are a couple of other options ie "Tiffin for Prince and Princess" which are $88HKD per person, and a selection of cocktails and mocktails to suit. Damn I love Bellinis!

Anyway, We had a selection of "The Sleeping Beauty" or "Beauty and the Beast". Sleeping beauty was all whites and blondes so I had to go for beauty and the Beast as that was all dark chocolates, lol.



Here we have Manjari chocolate dome, Black forest crystal and vanilla bavarois cream with crispy brownie.

This level had Dark and white chocolate Mille feuille (my favourite from the selection), Chocolate banana baked tart, Chocolate cupcake with valrhone frosting and gold leaf, Praline rice crispy and Raisin scones (preserves, clotted cream and butter served on separate plate).

Okay, I got stuck in before I took a close up of this level, lol. On it was Honey cured ham and mascarpone roulade, truffled organic cream egg with mustard cres, Smoked salmon and cucumber ribbons, peppered roast beef with onion relish and arugula, poached salmon and saffron quiche..

Dark and white chocolate Mille feuille (my favourite from the selection), Chocolate banana baked tart, Chocolate cupcake with valrhone frosting and gold leaf, Praline rice crispy.

And just a general view of "Palm Court"
Along with the food, came a great selection of Teas (black, green, flavoured, fruit and herbal) and coffee.

All in all, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND a visit to The Langham for high tea. The Hotel itself houses a few michelin star restaurants - which I could not convince any of my travel companions to go to :(

"Tiffin Tea" was just divine. It was exquisite, well presented, good service, nice ambience and, best of all, GREAT value for money!

No comments: